Number of loans recorded since April 2019
Number of items available to borrow
Regular Opening Hours
Remember returns are due back in the FIRST HOUR, collect reservations in the SECOND HOUR.
Tuesday’s 8 – 10am
Thursday’s 3 – 5pm
Saturday’s 9 – 11am
Open Day & Working Bee Postponed
Active Member roles available now
Keeping the Library running smoothly requires less than 20 members to volunteer fortnightly for 2-3 hours. If we can get over 20 we have exciting plans for more fun and to stretch our benefit to reach futher into the community.
Our new $1 per week Active Household Membership is designed to find willing members to fill roles like these;
- We open the Library 3 days a week with a fortnightly roster. We arrive early if there are big orders to get organised and stay until everything is put away.
- We need people to do the committee roles. Mullum Cares Incorporated is the parent organisation. Board positions are available to Library members as are positions on the Library of Stuff Management Committee – this has the autonomy to run the Library operations within the limit of its income.
- We are looking for a team to organise quarterly activies – the peeps who do the general maintenance and organising of the space and the stuff need help with the big ticket items; such as checking all our camping gear between Christmas and New Year.
- We are on the lookout for a volunteer (or subsided) bookkeeper or accountant. We have accounts with Mitre 10 & Farmcare and have systems in place to ensure we can find reciepts for items if needed to call on warranties for repairs.
- We need people who can come and go when it suits them to tidy, clean, count and reorganise the library items and layout. Especially now we are bursting at the seams! Being really organised improves safety.
- We need a gung ho marketing team to help remind our members to borrow! So many seem to join and forget;(
- Like all non profit initiatives that don’t cover costs we need some business minded peeps to keep working on the libraries potential to raise revenue and attract financial – ideally ongoing – support.